Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Great Vitamix Experiment

A few weeks ago, on a whim, really, I emailed the people at Vitamix with a crazy proposal.  Send me a Vitamix and I'll spend a few weeks making al sorts of natural and whole food-type stuff and compare it to the old blender I have been using.  I've been fascinated with the Vitamix ever since my friend Megan (Run Vegan Run, www.veganrunningmom.com) got one and has raved about it ever since.  I was somewhat dubious.  How could the Vitamix be THAT different from a basic blender.  I mean, was it formed from the dust of unicorn horns?  What's the big deal, I asked?

Well, much to my utter shock, Vitamix said, "OK."  I was a bit taken aback.  This is a reputable company and I'm a bald Vegan in Alabama.  That they took a chance on me is flattering.  I never thought they'd say yes, so I am now working on my plan to test this thing out and see what exactly is the big deal. So, they sent me one and I plan to, over the next several weeks, make stuff I typically made in my old blender.

  So, BIG thank you to Vitamix for taking a chance on a modest blogger like me.  AND full disclosure, I was given this blender for no charge.  But I promise to be objective in my review.  OK, here we go!  Let the taste testing begin!

4 comments:

  1. *gaping* You got a FREE vitamix??? Holy cow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are freaking kidding me! You ASKED for a free Vitamix and you GOT a free Vitamix! They know the holidays are coming and it's on every vegan's wish list. Way to be proactive! Please keep up with the updates. I have one and need to use it more. Have you watched the videos on their website? They're addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Vegan in the South-- I'm only beginning to flirt with the idea of transitioning to vegan. Like you, I'm from the deep south-- south of Mobile, AL to be exact-- and well, I've never heard of Vitamix until I stumbled upon your blog (which I only stumbled upon a few days ago thanks to the wonder that is google search). Tell those folks out at Vitamix that I'm buying their blender because of your blog. Very, very cool-- and thanks for blogging. (I know NO other vegans down here so far and the idea that it's possible to live a vegan lifestyle by shopping at Walmart (which is the closest store to me) is astouding to me.)

    ReplyDelete